Apply at Farmers Insurance
Farmers Group, Inc. seeks a Senior MDM Developer to act as Development Lead for the Customer Master Data Management (MDM).
Essential Job Functions
- Leads technical development efforts in alignment with MDM strategy
- Serves as a key contact person in support of production problems/issues.
- Troubleshoots system performance issues and propose improvements.
- Continuously contributes to solutions and ideas that increase Pace, Efficiency, and Quality in the spirit of a Dev Ops model.
- Designs, develops and delivers high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
- Produces elegant and efficient designs, high performance, and scalable code that allows for easy extension to future needs.
- Adheres to big picture view of how various connected system designs should be consolidated or affected.
- Effectively and actively plays the role of technical advisor and Subject Matter Expert for projects, providing advice on process and design.
- Initiates and actively facilitates meetings and issue resolution, involving the right individuals.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs and reviews/approves test cases.
- Provides accurate and timely input to Release Manager and Integration Lead regarding status of technical tasks for self and team.
- Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years application development experience with proven track record of success.
- Solid understanding of master data, data quality and data stewardship concepts.
- Expertise in IBM MDM (Master Data Management) tool for Analysis, Design, Development, Integration and Testing Master Data Management Services. Strong preference to IBM Infosphere, Advanced Edition (AE).
- Required minimum of 5 years professional experience designing and developing applications on DB2 DB.
- Expertise on implementing MDM Batch processes, API/Services Framework, Messaging queues, Suspect Duplicate Processing using Probabilistic or Deterministic Matching Engines.
- Expertise on DevOps model: implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes, tools, and environments where appropriate.
- Effective problem solving and time management skills.
- Knowledge of proper architectural disciplines.
- Proven independent contribution to Efficiency, Pace and Quality.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risks to management for direction.
Special Skill Requirement:
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Experience in P/C Insurance Industry preferred (not required).
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.