Discover the benefits of our employment program which includes one-on-one meetings with our employment specialists for candidates seeking employment AND the opportunity to enhance diversity recruiting for employers.
Summer Youth Employment Program
The GPUL assists youth between the ages of 16-24 in locating and benefiting from the experience of a summer job. The GPUL Summer Youth Program is a valuable program intended to prepare our young people for real-world work expectations, career instruction, financial literacy, academic improvement and social growth. The GPUL Summer Youth Program provides participants with work in a variety of entry-level jobs at government agencies, hospitals, non-profits and small businesses.
Since 1945 the GPUL's Employment Program has existed to assist valley residents in obtaining gainful employment. The GPUL Employment Program objectives include developing and maintaining a network of diverse employers, identifying and preparing qualified candidates for an employment search and placing those candidates in sustainable positions. The GPUL Employment Assistance Program works to provide job seekers the necessary tools in order to become gainfully employed. The Employment Specialist can provide the tools - the job seeker has to get the “job.”
How to Apply for GPUL Employment Assistance
- Please click on the Apply Now button below to get started.
- On the next page, please complete the GPUL EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE INTAKE FORM in order to meet with one of our GPUL Employment Assistance staff members.
- When you have filled out the form, you can either email the form to us by selecting the Submit button or you can download/print the form and bring it into our office for assistance.
- Once you have completed the intake form below, please also go to the United Way Financial Stability Partnership website http://www.azfsp.org/, where you can set up an account and download their application (see the blue box).
- ALL parties interested in seeking assistance with the GPUL MUST complete all relevant forms and agree to all program/service rules and guidelines.
- Once you have filled out the form, you will be given a date and time to attend a program overview for gaining assistance.
For questions or for more information, please contact one of our Employment Specialists at (602) 254-5611 x111
All information will be kept confidential and used solely for GPUL recruiting purposes. We look forward to reviewing your application and getting to know you.